Hello fellow IT professionals and enthusiasts. I have been working professionally in the information technology field for over 11 years starting from telecommunications, through government work, now to federal contracting. I currently work as a Security Engineer, but that is not where I started. I have experiences ranging from running RJ45 cable while crawling in the dirt to penetration testing key assets of an organization. I feel that I have valuable experience to give back to the IT community.
Working in IT can be overwhelming with the constant changes and shifts to new technologies, but I have found it helpful for me to write about new ideas and processes. Not only does this solidify my understanding of new areas of IT, but hopefully provides value to the readers as well.
As I work on projects that lack documentation or are outdated, I will create a blog post on an updated process to help the community.
Experience is king, but for all you cert junkies:
- CISSP – Certified Information System Security Professional
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Architect – Associate
- PCNSA – Palo Alto Certified Network Security Administrator
- Splunk Core Certified User
- CySA+ CE
- Security+ CE
- A+ CE
- Currently pursuing my Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)